Industrial Maintenance, Certificate
As you complete the certificate in Industrial Maintenance, be prepared to build strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills while gaining foundational skills in the fields of electricity, automation, mechanical systems, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Demonstrate and explain the fundamentals of basic (DC) electricity, including series, parallel, and combination circuits, as well as inductors, and capacitors.
- Troubleshoot a 3-phase motor control system with practical faults inserted.
- Troubleshoot real world faults in fluid power systems/hydraulics, air-powered systems/pneumatics.
- Read and interpret symbols and schematics, flow control devices, and actuators.
- Read pressure gauges and assemble simple hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Wire an electro-pneumatic device using a ladder logic diagram.
- Align and level shafts to a motor, install drive belts and drive chains to a motor, and utilize tools to measure belt and chain tension.
- Utilize specialized tools and measuring devices when installing mechanical devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) when a fault is inserted.
- Write a PLC program using advanced math and data functions.
Students who complete the Industrial Maintenance certificate may find employment in the following fields:
- Electro-Mechanical Technology
- Facilities Maintenance
- Machine Maintenance
- Industrial Maintenance
- Supply Chain Technology
IMM 102: Electrical Control Circuits
IMM 103: Electrical Motor Control
IMM 104: Hydraulics: Fluid Power Systems
IMM 105: Pneumatics: Air Power Systems
IMM 110: Basic Mechanical Drives
IMM 112: Programmable Controllers I
IMM 113: Programmable Controllers II
MAT 107: Technical Math
Total for Degree: 8 courses
This information is for planning purposes only. EC3PA will make every effort to offer the most updated curriculum information above but reserves the right to change, add, and cancel course offerings. Please check with your assigned advisor for the most updated class information.