CNC Operator/ Programmer, Certificate
Graduates obtaining a certificate in CNC Operator/Programmer from EC3 will be prepared for high-demand careers in operating and programming Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) machines. Students will be able to enter entry-level positions that can lead to a career in application engineering with skills in advanced manufacturing machine safety, blueprint reading, technical math, metrology, and proper part inspection methods.
You’ve got the opportunity to be one of the first students in our CNC Operator program.
- Describe and demonstrate shop safety practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various tools and machines.
- Identify and describe the purpose and function of precision measurement systems.
- Identify and describe basic functions of precision measurement tools.
- Describe the importance of precision in manufacturing.
- Perform complex machine tool making activities commonly used in manufacturing.
- Perform basic Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programming, set up and operations of CNC, conventional machine tools, precision tools and general tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of print reading.
- Use mathematical knowledge to solve machining problems.
- Develop, document, and implement project plan for machining parts.
Individuals holding a certificate in CNC Operator/Programmer are prepared to enter the workforce in jobs such as:
- CNC Machine Tool Operator
- CNC Programmer
- Machine Tool Setters/Tenders
IMT 102: Industrial Manufacturing Technology I
IMT 104: Industrial Manufacturing Technology II
MAT 107: Technical Math
IMT 112- Metrology- The Study of Measurement with GD&T
IMT 200: Introduction to CNC Programming I
IMT 202: Introduction to CNC Programming II
IMT 204: Introduction to CNC Toolpath
IMT 206: Advanced CNC Programming
Total for Degree: 9 courses
This information is for planning purposes only. EC3 will make every effort to offer the most updated curriculum information above but reserves the right to change, add, and cancel course offerings. Please check with your assigned advisor for the most updated class information.