Graduates with either the A.A.S. degree or Certificate will have the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities to obtain an entry- level position as a mobile app developer, programmer, or software quality assurance technician. Students completing the Mobile App Development A.A.S. degree will be prepared to transfer to a four-year institution for further studies in Information Technology. In addition, many of the credits earned can be applied to bachelor’s degree programs in computer science at participating PA TRAC colleges.
- Students will acquire the skills to relate the states of App Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in managing a given project.
- Students will be able to analyze, design, develop and test both web and mobile applications to resolve needs of business and other sectors.
- Students will design native (platform specific) mobile apps that incorporate good User Interface / User Experience (UI/UX) principles and meet the standards of the Google Play and Apple iOS stores.
- Student will be able to use both procedural and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles to provide underlying user interaction to process input and provided formatted output.
Individuals with either the Associate of Applied Science or Certificate in Mobile App Development are prepared to enter the workforce in jobs such as:
- Mobile App Developer
- Software Quality Assurance Technician
Students should be prepared to complete the following certification exams:
- App Development with Swift Associate (iOS)
- App Development with Swift Certified User (iOS certification also requires experience in field)
- Associate Android Developer (Google)
If you are interested in continuing towards a bachelor’s degree, the Associate of Applied Science degree creates a strong foundation for additional studies within Information Technology.
PROGRAM COURSES (Required for both A.A.S. and Certificate)
CIS 113: IT Hardware Essentials and Support
CIS 130: Adobe Photoshop
CIS 135: HTML/CSS Web Development
CIS 140: Windows Development Level I [C#]
CIS 215: Database Design and App Development
CIS 240: Windows Development Level II [C#]
CIS 245: Android App Development [Kotlin]
CIS 248: iOS App Development [Swift]
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES (Required for A.A.S. degree)
Additional course requirements from the EC3 General Education Program.
This information is for planning purposes only. EC3 will make every effort to offer the most updated curriculum information above but reserves the right to change, add, and cancel course offerings. Please check with your assigned advisor for the most updated class information.