Position: Student Worker Office Assistant, PT (Position is only open to currently enrolled students)
Posting Date: September 2023
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Location: Erie, PA – In-person, not remote
Position Start Date: As soon as possible after filled
Reports To: Student Worker Supervisor
Pay Rate: $12.00/hour
Work Hours: Up to 15 hours per week while courses are in session
Erie County Community College (EC3), America’s newest community college, is a comprehensive community college located in northwest Pennsylvania currently offering various associate degrees and certificates. EC3 is focused on enhancing the county’s economic condition by increasing educational opportunities for the diverse population in Erie County and assisting individuals to enter careers that provide family-sustaining wages.
The Student Office Assistant is responsible for general receptionist and office activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative and not exhaustive in nature. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Greets students.
- Answers incoming telephone calls.
- Provides general college information and materials based on request.
- Creates and maintains calendar appointments as necessary.
- Makes follow up phone calls and generates follow up emails to prospective students and families.
- Assists prospective students through the admissions and enrollment processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly sit at a desk and use a computer with monitors.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and arm’s length vision acuity.
Occasional lifting, of up to 20 pounds. The work environment is moderate noise.
Frequent sitting in a moving vehicle as the position will require traveling to events.
- Must be a currently enrolled student at EC3.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a collaborative team member.
- Clear understanding of and adherence to privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in an office setting providing quality customer service.
- Experience working in an educational/higher education setting.
- Experience and comfortable working with the public.
- Familiarity with the college admissions and enrollment process.
EEO Statement: Erie County Community College is committed to and affirms a policy of equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, and students without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, gender identification, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic and to provide each and every individual with the ability to work in a safe, productive and professional work environment that is free from discriminatory practices.