Posting Date: November 2022
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Primary Location: Erie, PA (Erie County) – In-person, not remote
Position Start: As soon as possible after filled
Reports To: Dean of Applied Programs
ABOUT ERIE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF PENNSYLVANIA
Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania (EC3PA) is America’s newest community college. A dedicated group of community leaders Erie County Community College of PA (EC3PA), America’s newest community college, is a comprehensive community college located in northwest Pennsylvania currently offering various Associate degrees and Certificates. EC3PA is focused on enhancing the county’s economic condition by increasing educational opportunities for the diverse population in Erie County.
As EC3 continues to develop new programs, the College is interested in engaging individuals who wish to bring a unique community college experience to Erie County. Faculty possessing a commitment to entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, and a strong foundation to the community
college mission can experience success in our classrooms.
EC3 is taking a unique approach to training tomorrow’s networkers. We have designed a blended curriculum that allows students to learn the theory and virtually practice the skills as well as access to our networking lab and one-on-one support of our Networking faculty. The role of faculty includes working with the College’s IT staff to develop EC3’s new networking lab, along with providing ongoing oversight of the lab and being a key stakeholder in the enhanced program development in Information Technology and maintaining online curricula for all courses. The IT Lab will house all equipment and supplies for students to successfully complete courses leading to the current Networking AAS degree along with other potential degree or certificate offerings in the future. The position will be a resource for students as they work independently and demonstrate excellence in requisite skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (This list is meant to be representative and not exhaustive in nature. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.)
- Lab Coordination
- Recommend new and updated hardware and software options for the IT Lab
- Maintain existing hardware to support student learning
- Assist faculty with planning projects and assignments that require student use of the IT Lab
- Assist students as they work on assignments for various classes within the IT Lab
- Coordinate the maintenance of all records related to the IT Lab including usage, new purchases, and the equipment sunset process
- Collaborate with the EC3 Director of Information Technology as needed to
coordinate student IT needs with other staff and faculty needs
- Support Student Success
- Keep accurate records of student performance
- Provide students with regular and timely feedback
- Engage with students in the lab to encourage continued academic growth
- Deliver Instruction as Assigned
- Implement course content for assigned class(es) using various modalities
- Assess course-level student learning outcomes within the context of each assigned class
- Provide course syllabus (which shall include grading standards, attendance policies, classroom behavioral expectations, course outline and contact information)
- Certify student enrollment and submit grade sheets
- Utilize online Learning Management Software to enhance and support instruction
- Select, review and develop course materials and resources that minimize student financial impact
- Provide guided support in open and scheduled lab settings
- Participate in program review and assessment activities; utilize outcomes assessment to improve learning/instruction
- Participate in committees, extra and co-curricular activities
- Participate in faculty and self-evaluation processes, including continuous improvement efforts
- Complete training required to perform effectively and remain current with trends in the discipline and higher education
- Attend faculty and college meetings
- Consult with advisory committees and industry partners
- Develop/revise degree and certificate programs
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Industry experience in Information Technology and Networking Systems that could include IT hardware and support, operating system interfaces, programming in Python, networking integration and management, network security, database design and application.
- Experience in network systems development, systems development, and internet/intranet networking.
- Willingness to obtain industry-standard certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Holder of industry-recognized certification(s).
- Experience teaching in an education setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Blackboard or similar online Learning Management System.
- Experience supporting a diverse population of learners in the educational environment.
EEO Statement: Erie County Community College is committed to and affirms a policy of equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, and students without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, gender identification, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic and to provide each and every individual with the ability to work in a safe, productive and professional work environment that is free from discriminatory practices.