Posting Date: October 2022
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Primary Location: Erie, PA – In-person, not remote
Position Start Date: As soon as possible after filled
Reports To: Deans
Pay Range: $16.50 – $18.50 per hour
ABOUT ERIE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF PENNSYLVANIA
Erie County Community College of PA (EC3PA), America’s newest community college, is a comprehensive community college located in northwest Pennsylvania currently offering various Associate degrees and Certificates. EC3PA is focused on enhancing the county’s economic condition by increasing educational opportunities for the diverse population in Erie County.
Under the direction of the Deans, the Administrative Assistant, uses significant judgment in decision-making and performs a wide variety of specialized, difficult, and responsible administrative and office administration functions. The Administrative Assistant also supports a wide range of projects and operations that may require contacts to be handled tactfully.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions)
- Performs administrative duties such as drafting and preparing correspondence. for approval
by the Dean and/or other administrative staff and faculty, for distribution to business
leaders, accreditation agencies, state officials, etc.
- Assists in handling confidential student and/or employee matters and maintains
confidential records or files.
- Acts as the initial contact for the Dean’s office by answering/referring all calls, scheduling
meetings, when appropriate, maintaining a schedule of appointments for the Dean.
- Prepares special reports for the Dean; interprets data as requested and prepares
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining
priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-
solving and adjusting plans.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
- As a member of the college community, faculty and staff should perform their professional responsibilities in accordance with the goals, missions, and plans of the department, program, division, and College, in addition to contributing to the creation of a collegial culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly sit at a desk and use a computer with monitors.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and arm’s length vision acuity.
Occasional lifting or moving of up to 20 pounds.
The work environment is of a typical office environment, low to moderate noise.
- Professionalism and confidentiality, in the execution of all tasks and assignments.
- Computer literacy: Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint); Email (Outlook),
and general internet usage.
- Ability to investigate and answer inquiries accurately in a fast-paced and dynamic
- Self-motivated with a high degree of organizational skill, meticulous in detail in all aspects
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Understanding of community college mission and student needs.
- Experience working with highly diverse settings in both rural and urban communities.
- Must espouse a collaborative work ethic.
- Associates degree or higher required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in responsible office or business management
- activities. Prior experience as an assistant to an organization’s leadership, such as a dean preferred.
- Experience working in an educational setting.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students and faculty.
- Ability to work independently but also function as part of a larger team.
- Professionalism, student-oriented, ability to maintain confidentiality, practiced in written
and oral communication, and exhibits good decision making.
EEO Statement: Erie County Community College is committed to and affirms a policy of equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, and students without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, gender identification, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic and to provide each and every individual with the ability to work in a safe, productive and professional work environment that is free from discriminatory practices.