Posting Date: August 2022
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Primary Location: Erie, PA (In-person, not remote)
Position Start Date: As soon as possible after filled
Reports To: Vice President of Administration
Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania (EC3PA) is America’s newest community college. A dedicated group of community leaders brought the college to northwest Pennsylvania with the foresight to know how a comprehensive community college can change students’ lives and builds a highly skilled workforce. Programming began in the Fall 2021 semester and EC3PA will continue to grow and develop to serve the educational needs of Erie County. EC3PA meets students where they are and helps them achieve their dreams. We’re entrepreneurial, adaptable, inclusive, and accessible.
Under the direction of the Vice President (VP), the Administration Assistant, assists various departments in Administration. These departments include the offices of the Vice-Presidents, Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, and Information Technology (IT). The Administration Assistant uses significant judgment in decision-making and performs a wide variety of routine, specialized, and responsible administrative and office administration functions, relieving department management of a wide variety of routine administrative details. The Assistant also supports a wide range of projects and operations that may require contacts to be handled tactfully.
This list is meant to be representative and not exhaustive in nature. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Performs administrative duties for Administration, such as drafting and preparing correspondence, preparing reports, scheduling meetings, and maintaining a schedule of appointments for the VP.
- Assists in handling confidential employee matters and maintains confidential records and files.
- May act as the initial contact for the VP’s office by answering/referring calls, emails, and greeting visitors.
- Collaborates with the President’s Assistant for the coordination of schedules to provide for appropriate coverage for the Office of the President.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
- As a member of the college community, faculty and staff should perform their professional responsibilities in accordance with the goals, missions, and plans of the department, program, division, and College, in addition to contributing to the creation of a collegial culture.
- Additional responsibilities as required or assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Professionalism and confidentiality, in the execution of all tasks and assignments.
- Computer literacy: Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word & PowerPoint); Email (Outlook), and general internet usage.
- Ability to investigate and answer inquiries accurately in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of organizational skills, meticulous in detail in all aspects of responsibility.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Understanding of Community College mission and student needs.
- Experience working with highly diverse settings in both rural and urban communities.
- Must espouse a collaborative work ethic.
Physical Demands of Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly sit at a desk and use a computer with monitors. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and arm’s length vision acuity.
Occasional lifting, of up to 10 pounds. The work environment is low to moderate noise.
- Associates degree and minimum three (3) years of experience in responsible office or business management activities
- High school diploma/GED and minimum five (5) years of experience in responsible office or business management activities.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint); Email (Outlook), and general internet usage.
- Experience with Teams and SharePoint (MS Office Suite).
- Prior experience as an assistant to a multiple manager department desirable.
- Experience working in an educational setting.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and faculty.
- Ability to work independently but also function as part of a larger team.
- Professionalism, customer service-oriented, ability to maintain confidentiality, practiced in written and oral communication, and exhibits good decision making.
Erie County Community College is committed to and affirms a policy of equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, and students without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, gender identification, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic and to provide each and every individual with the ability to work in a safe, productive and professional work environment that is free from discriminatory practices.