- Department: Math
- Position Type: New
- Reports To: Dean of Applied Programs, Student Success & Innovation
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary range: $1,000 per credit hour
Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania is America’s newest community college. A dedicated group of community leaders brought the college to northwest Pennsylvania with the foresight to know how a comprehensive community college can change students’ lives and builds a highly-skilled workforce. Programming began in the Fall 2021 semester and EC3 will continue to grow and develop to serve the educational needs of Erie County. EC3 meets students where they are and helps them achieve their dreams. We’re entrepreneurial, adaptable, inclusive, and accessible. Come join our team!
Adjunct teaching faculty provide instruction aligned with the college’s mission and evaluate students’ progress to facilitate achievement of their educational goals. While we are looking for adjunct faculty for all positions, we are specifically now looking for Business, Computer Informational System, Entrepreneurship, Math and Psychology instructors.
- Deliver Instruction
- Conduct assigned classes and/or labs
- Prepare lessons
- Provide course syllabus (which shall include grading standards, attendance policies, classroom behavioral expectations, course outline and contact information)
- Verify student enrollment and submit grade sheets
- Utilize online Learning Management Software to enhance and support instruction
- Evaluate Student Progress
- Keep accurate record of student performance
- Provide students with timely feedback
- Provide Student Assistance
- Refer students to student support services
- Accommodate special needs students
Adjunct Faculty teaching transfer credit courses:
Master’s Degree in specified or related discipline with 18 credit hours of graduate level coursework in specified discipline.
Adjunct Faculty teaching CTE courses:
4,000 hours of work experience in the discipline or in a related discipline, or a Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2,000 hours of work experience in the discipline or in a related discipline. Additional credentials or certifications may be required for specific industries and career fields.
Two years of teaching experience in a higher education setting strongly preferred. Experience with Blackboard or similar online Learning Management System preferred. Professionalism, student-oriented, ability to maintain confidentiality, practiced in written and oral communication, exhibits good decision making.
- Fall Session B – October 2021
- Spring Full Term – January 2022
- Spring Session B – March 2022
- Summer – May 2022
- Summer Session B – June 2022