Position: Adjunct Faculty
Posting Date: Ongoing
Application Due: Ongoing
Position Start Date: Varies as it is dependent on when course is scheduled
Reports To: Dean of Academics or Dean of Workforce Development
(depends on course)
Pay Rate: $1,000 per contact/credit hour (maximum of 12 credit hours per semester)
Erie County Community College (EC3), America’s newest community college, is a comprehensive community college located in northwest Pennsylvania currently offering various associate degrees and certificates. EC3 is focused on enhancing the county’s economic condition by increasing educational opportunities for the diverse population in Erie County and assisting individuals to enter careers that provide family-sustaining wages.
Adjunct teaching faculty provide instruction aligned with the college’s mission and evaluate students’ progress to facilitate achievement of their educational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative and not exhaustive in nature. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Delivers Instruction
- Conducts assigned classes and/or labs.
- Prepares lessons.
- Provides course syllabus (which shall include grading standards, attendance policies, classroom behavioral expectations, course outline and, contact information)
- Verifies student enrollment and submit grade sheets.
- Utilizes online Learning Management Software to enhance and support instruction.
- Evaluates Student Progress
- Keeps accurate record of student performance.
- Provides students with timely feedback.
- Provides Student Assistance
- Refers students to student support services.
- Accommodates special needs students.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
- As a member of the college community, faculty and staff should perform their professional responsibilities in accordance with the goals, missions, and plans of the department, program, division, and College, in addition to contributing to the creation of a collegial culture.
- Adjunct Faculty teaching transfer credit courses:
- Master’s Degree in specified or related discipline preferred,
Master’s Degree, with 18 credit hours of graduate level coursework in specified discipline.
- Adjunct Faculty teaching CTE courses:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Additional credentials or certifications may be required for specific industries and career fields.
- Industry experience in specified or related field.
- Two years of teaching experience in a higher education setting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Blackboard or similar online Learning Management System preferred.
- Professionalism, student-oriented, ability to maintain confidentiality, practiced in written and oral communication, and exhibits good decision making.
EEO Statement: Erie County Community College is committed to and affirms a policy of equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, and students without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, gender identification, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic and to provide each and every individual with the ability to work in a safe, productive and professional work environment that is free from discriminatory practices.