Posting Date: August 2023
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Primary Location: Erie, PA (Erie County) – In-person, not remote
Salary Range: $45k-$55k
ABOUT ERIE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF PENNSYLVANIA
Erie County Community College of PA (EC3), America’s newest community college, is a comprehensive community college located in northwest Pennsylvania currently offering various associate degrees and certificates. EC3 is focused on enhancing the county’s economic condition by increasing educational opportunities for the diverse population in Erie County and assisting individuals to enter careers that provide family-sustaining wages.
The role of the accountant is to prepare, collect, analyze, record, and report the financial data of EC3 for review by the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (This list is meant to be representative and not exhaustive in nature. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.)
- Ensure accurate recording and processing of all incoming revenue from EC3 students.
- Ensure accurate recording and processing of all incoming revenue from State and Local governments, in addition to recording future accounts receivable.
- Ensure revenue earned but not receive is accrued.
- Ensure the processing of payables.
- In coordination with Human Resources, ensure payroll is processed accurately, and applicable with taxes properly recorded.
- In coordination with applicable departments, ensure purchased and received items, are in good condition and match purchase orders.
- Ensure invoices not received for purchased and received items are accrued.
- Reconciliation of liability and asset accounts.
- Detailed reconciliation Accounts Receivable and all EC3 bank accounts.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact and communicate clearly and concisely on a professional and respectful basis with EC3 staff.
- Ability to take the initiative in their accounting role.
- Problem-solving skills, providing alternative solutions to challenges.
- Sensitivity towards critical deadlines and the need for accuracy and detail in that
- Computer literacy to include proficiency in MS Office, more specifically Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly sit at a desk and use a computer with monitors.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and arm’s length vision acuity.
Occasional lifting, of up to 20 pounds. The work environment is low to moderate noise.
- Associates degree in accounting or related financial field
- Three (3) years’ experience working in an accounting department utilizing GAAP.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related financial field and two (2) years’ experience working in an accounting department utilizing GAAP.
- Experience with Workday cloud-based ERP system.
- Experience with SOX control execution/documentation.
- Experience working in an educational setting, such as higher education or a public school district.
EEO Statement: Erie County Community College is committed to and affirms a policy of equal employment opportunity to all applicants, employees, and students without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, gender identification, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic and to provide each and every individual with the ability to work in a safe, productive and professional work environment that is free from discriminatory practices.