Programming, Associate of Applied Science and Certificate
- Students will acquire the skills to relate the states of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in managing a given project.
- Students will be able to formulate algorithms to process input and provide desired output.
- Students will develop original software solutions to real world problems from various sectors and industries using data containers, conditionals, repetitions, and functional constructs.
- Students will be able to design software applications that incorporate good User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) principles.
- Students will be able to construct custom classes to model data from an external source, using Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles of Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, and Abstraction.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast coding syntax and constructs of multiple programming languages.
Individuals with either the Associate of Applied Science or Certificate in Programming are prepared to enter the workforce in jobs such as:
- Software Quality Assurance Technician
Students should be prepared to test for the following industry certifications upon completion:
- Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer (PCEP-30-02)
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE Programmer (OCAJP)
If you are interested in continuing towards a bachelor’s degree, the Associate of Applied Science degree creates a strong foundation for additional studies within Information Technology.
REQUIRED PROGRAM COURSES (Required for both A.A.S. and Certificate)
CIS 113: IT Hardware Essentials and Support
CIS 119: Introduction to Programming: Python
CIS 130: Adobe Photoshop
CIS 135: HTML/CSS Web Development
CIS 140: Windows Development Level I [C#]
CIS 150: Java Programming Level I
CIS 215: Database Design and App Development
CIS 240: Windows Development Level II [C#]
CIS 250: Internet/Intranet Networking
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES (Required for A.A.S. degree)
Additional course requirements from the EC3PA General Education Program.
This information is for planning purposes only. EC3PA will make every effort to offer the most updated curriculum information above but reserves the right to change, add, and cancel course offerings. Please check with your assigned advisor for the most updated class information.