Providing Affordable Education and Training
Through the hard work and dedication of many individuals over several years, the Erie County Community College (EC3) enrolled students for the inaugural class in July 2021.
It is sponsored by Erie County and was created to fulfill the following opportunities:
- Offer affordable educational options and training in the area
- Replace a retiring workforce by quickly responding to economic shifts and training needs
- Serve as a feeder to the strong four-year university system in Erie County
- Be a strong partner in the workforce and economic development
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education in the Erie area
- Developing programs that connect people to jobs
EC3 offers associate’s degree and technical skills certificate programs that provide education and training at an affordable price for available and emerging jobs that do not require a baccalaureate degree. In addition, the college provides the education many students need to succeed in a four-year program, as well as, an affordable option for the first two years of college for those seeking a bachelor’s degree.
The Erie County Community College will meet the needs of businesses, industry, and the citizens of the Erie region. EC3 will partner with the other area education institutions to maximize and grow the educational opportunities provided to a diverse learner population, inclusive of all student backgrounds, that is looking for opportunities to succeed. The Erie region, and its citizens, will be well served by the college.
The mission of the Erie County Community College is to develop dynamic and diverse learners to advance their quality of life and Erie County’s economic growth through affordable access, innovative education and workforce training.
EC3 uplifts the region as a catalyst to transform lives, to promote social and economic stability in both rural and urban areas, and to develop lifelong learners and a strong workforce that contributes to a thriving economic landscape for all.